Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Go Lucky


Hello Hello,
Today's quilt is from a group of fabric from P&B Textiles called "Happy Go Lucky" just the name alone makes one smile. I love, love, love this quilt. With so much black and white out there. This was a nice group that also included gray. Every once and awhile it is hard to ship out a quilt, knowing I will never see it again and this was definitely one of them. I created the blocks by making a simple framed square and then cutting a the red floral fabric to the same square size. I laid the two squares on top of each other with right sides up on both. I then used a wavy ruler to cut across the diagonal of both squares. I matched up the top half of one side to the bottom half of the other side and sewed them together. SIMPLE! and yet it make the quilt look so contemporary and fun. I think I will have to make one for myself someday. Maybe even but the fabric and kit it. Let me know what you think about that. I will let you know when the pattern is available online, this time from P&B Textiles website.
Until Next Time....
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment