Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Days



Happy Days are here again or so the saying goes.

I wanted to share with you our newest magazine feature, Happy Days. It is appearing in the September issue of McCall's Quick Quilts, which is coming out this week. We are (of course) offering a fabric kit for this project.
I was asked to design a "Happy" quilt for this issue. When I saw this group from Timeless Treasures, I knew this was the right group. I came across the fabric while designing the free pattern for Wendy Bently's group called "Lift Your Spirits".
I went to quilt camp (Bear Cabin Inn) in February and worked on this project. I don't know if it was the thrill of being at quilt camp or the effect of such bright and cheery fabrics but I smiled the entire time I was working on this quilt. (Even when I made a mistake and had to tear out a row.) I hope that this quilt makes you smile as well.

I would love to know if there anything you have worked on recently that just brought you pure joy!

Until Next Time....
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I am the designer, Wendy Bentley, and I love it! I really wanted this collection to "Lift one's Spirit" and it has for me and hope it does for others as it did for you while making this quilt called so appropriately "Happy Days". Thank you for all of your wonderful work!
    www.wendybentleydesign.com

    ReplyDelete