Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Little Dancers

Hello Friends
I have a couple new quilts to share with you. The first one is a simple panel design featuring "Little Dancers" spinning around the quilt top. I wanted to add a pieced element to the one border so I make little pieced Bow-Tie blocks to mix in with the ballerinas. By doing Bow-Tie Blocks instead of Pinwheel block, I added interest tot he design and cut my piecing time in half.
When I saw this fabric (from Fabri-Quilt) at quilt market, I stopped and ordered it on the spot. The Ballerinas are so cut and I loved the fact that there were a variety of dancers on the fabric. We have a limited number of fabric kits and the Little Dancers pattern is posted free on our website. This is a fun pattern for any panel (Our panel was 34-1/2" x 43-1/2"). Just replace the panel with yours and use matching accent fabrics around the center.


No comments:

Post a Comment