Sunday, March 9, 2014

Double Star with the Fabri-Quilt Star Blog Hop

This week I am participating in Fabri-Quilt's Star Blog Hop. We were each asked to design a 12-1/2" star block using Fabri-Quilt's Marblehead Venetian Glass Fabrics designed by Ro Gregg.




Here is my block called Double Star!
Visit inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com for the instructions 
 to make your own elegant star block!




When I was asked to design a star block with these wonderful fabrics, I wanted to make something as elegant as the prints. I decided to go with a double star to showcase the warm and cool color palette of the group.  I love the marbled fabric because it reminds me of interior of old books so I used it for the block center and then surrounded it with the different scroll prints.

You could make a quilt with all the star blocks using the same fabric combo or mix it up by making each star block from a different color combination.

 Make sure to check out the other Star blocks at inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy this pattern and I would love to see what you come up with, using any of the star blocks from this blog hop.

Until Next Time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment